It's no secret that CBD has been a hot topic across the health and wellness industry. By now everyone has heard about CBD oil but you may be wondering what exactly CBD is, and that's why we are here to help! What is CBD? Cannabidiol, most commonly known as CBD, is a compound found in hemp and cannabis plants that has a wide range of health benefits. CBD has been shown to regulate many systems in the brain and body, through the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). Found in all mammals, the ECS is made up of several receptors that react only to cannabinoids such as CBD. Cannabidiol also interacts with our Vanilloid receptors (regulates pain and body temperature) and Serotonin receptors (regulates mood) found in the body.
What is the key difference between CBD & THC? THC is responsible for the "high" associated when consuming cannabis, while CBD is 100% non-intoxicating and will not produce a sensation of feeling "high".
Hemp Derived CBD Oil vs. Cannabis Derived CBD Oil CBD oil can be derived from a variety of cannabis plants, including hemp. Cannabis Sativa, most commonly known as Hemp, is a type of cannabis plant that contains low levels of THC (0.3%) and higher amounts of CBD. CBD oil that is derived from hemp will contain 0.3% THC or less and CBD oil that is derived from a variety of other cannabis plants can contain up to 30% THC. We specialize in hemp derived CBD products that contain 0.3% THC or less. Our products will not cause a "euphoric high" or a body buzz but they can help to improve your overall health and wellness.
Top 3 Reasons Why People Use CBD Oil Derived From Hemp 1. Stress & Anxiety - CBD as calming properties that help to reduce stress and anxiety.
2. Pain & Inflammation - CBD has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that are helpful for reducing inflammation and joint pain.
3. Sleep - One of the most reported effects of CBD is its ability to promote better sleep. Although CBD does not act like a sleeping pill it can help to relax your mind and body - resulting in a more slumber restful sleep. Studies suggest that CBD's ability to treat sleep related issues is a byproduct of its ability to curb underlying anxiety and regulate our sleep-wake cycles.
The 3 Different Types Of CBD Products: Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum & Isolate
What is Full Spectrum CBD?
Full spectrum Hemp CBD oil is a whole plant extract that contains all the naturally occurring cannabinoids found in hemp, including trace amounts of THC (0.3% or less)
Cannabinoids are classified as naturally occurring compounds found in hemp and cannabis plants. Cannabinoids work together to produce the " entourage effect" - this means that all the compounds work together enhance each others benefits.
What is Broad Spectrum CBD?
Broad spectrum CBD is a whole plant extract that contains all the naturally occurring cannabinoids, except the THC has been removed. This allows you to benefit from a the entourage effect without consuming any THC.
What is CBD Isolate?
CBD isolate is a type of extract that contains CBD only and all the other parts of the plant are removed in the extraction process. Is one better than the other?
Since CBD isn't a one size fits all, there is no universal answer but that's the beauty of CBD. The biggest advantage of using full spectrum CBD & broad spectrum CBD products is the “ entourage effect”. This effect is when the different compounds in the oil work together to enhance each other's benefits. While CBD isolate products allow you to benefit from one compound - CBD.
How To Take CBD 1. Sublingual - CBD Oils CBD oils are to be taken sublingual (under the tongue) for 30-60 seconds. CBD oil is widely used to aid with stress relief, joint pain, inflammation and sleep issues. Not sure which CBD Oil is right for you? Check out our CBD Oil Dosing Guide here
2. Inhalation - Vape Products One of the best things about vaping CBD is that this method on consumption allows CBD to enter the body immediately. Although CBD is able to enter the bloodstream directly through vaporization, it doesn't stay in the body for a long period of time. You may find that you will need to vape throughout the day for longer lasting relief.
3. Topical - Applied to skin Applying CBD topically is great for targeting a specific area of the body to relieve joint pain and inflammation at the source. CBD topicals come in the form of roll-ons, creams and salves and can be used for arthritis, back pain, knee pain and other areas of the body that are affected.
4. Edibles - Capsules & Gummies
When ingesting CBD in a capsule or a gummy form, this method of intake provides the longest lasting relief. When taking CBD in an edible form you will need to anticipate that it can take anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 hrs to take effect. CBD gummies and capsules are used for a wide range of concerns, from stress relief, to sleep issues and pain management.
CBD Emporium carries a wide selection of CBD products so that you can find a CBD solution that works best for you. Whether you are looking to use CBD for joint pain, anxiety relief or sleep issues, there is a product that will suit your needs and lifestyle.